You do realise that what you are suggesting is probably illegal in most jurisdictions?

You are making someone else's intellectual property available without their permission. Anyone making a translation is probably in violation of their local copyright laws for this reason.

Worse, despite the breach of legislation regarding intellectual property theft, the translated text may then be copyright (c) the translator, meaning that Khaled/Tjerk would need *permission* to use it or make it available!

Unless you have specific approval from Khaled, you yourself are also in breach of the law. The license agreement clearly states:

Copyright © 1995-2004 mIRC Co. Ltd.
All Rights Reserved

That bit about "all rights reserved" should concern you. Oh, and of course, both mIRC and the mIRC logo are registered trademarks of mIRC Co. Ltd. in the UK, so you have a problem there, too...

And no offence, but what about quality control? (As a professional translator myself, I *know* how easy it is to make mistakes even with very simple texts!)

I am VERY MUCH in favour of having help files (and indeed the whole of mIRC) translatable - but this MUST be done through mIRC's authors. This is why there is a translations page on this website. More to the point, Khaled has already said (in his personal FAQ) that ""we should be seeing mIRC in languages other than English in the near future""

PM

IRCnet & DALnet @#travelersinn
:-: IRC for fun and relaxation :-: