Quote:
Your suggestions are merely 'personal preferences', rather than 'Everyone can use this' type of suggestions, both in this suggestion thread and others, including the newest /window one.

So?
About every scripting / programming editor i can think of has syntax highlighting. It's a wonderful feature and i would really like to see it added to mIRC.

Quote:
1. Colours might very well be easier to read, but what of the people who dont like colours, okay you might very well be able to turn them on off, but i'm sure khaled could think of better features to be implementing.

What about people who don't like (m)IRC at all? Should it not exist because of them? No... they can just not use it.

Quote:
2. Similiarly, it might be 'easier' for you to read, but again, whats there works wonderfully as it is, if its so difficult, use spaces and add them yourself.

Uhm.. no. Editor will remove any indentation spaces upon save / close. IMHO forcing a scripter to use any indentation at all is silly.

Quote:
3. Theres ; and now /* */ what more do you want, why not add ` and ' as well.. the more the merrier.

There's no point in adding ` and ', as they have the same functionality as ;. The point is, that in most languages you can use /* */ comments anywhere you like.

Code:
alias blah {            /* this alias does this and that */
  blah1                 /* command to do something */
}

IMO looks a lot better than

Code:
alias blah {
  /* this alias does this and that */
  blah1
   /* command to do something */
}

But i know it's a really hard to do for a parser like mIRC's, and probably never will be added frown.