I know some (maybe a lot) of these have already been asked for, but here's how I think the script editor should be improved:

1. Customizable syntax highlighting, for the highlighting you could use something like:

Aliases.
Comments.
Events.
Variables.
Wildcards.
Plain text.

Along with this you should let us change the background colour.

2. Allow us to change how much the line is indented when things are inside { }, eg:

Code:
alias test {
  if (1) {
    if (2) {
    }
  }
}

Instead of the above I would rather see:

Code:
alias test {
     if (1) {
          if (2) {
          }
     }
}

3. Make mIRC's commenting work like c's (but keep ; ), eg:

Code:
... // valid comment
... /* valid comment */
... /* valid
       comment */
... /*
      valid comment */
... /* 
     valid 
     comment 
    */

4. Add more debugging options, eg: check whether an alias exists, check whether a variable will be set in the script before it is used (I realise "%var = <whatever>" can be used, but you should be able to tell whether a var is being used like that).

5. Let us minimize (to tray)/maximize/restore the editor if it's on the desktop.

6. This is a scripting feature really, being able to use $isalias on it's own (not in an event, alias, popup, etc) would be good, then you could check if an alias exists before making one, eg:

Code:
if (!$isalias(echo2)) { 
  alias echo2 { echo -a $1- } 
}

7. Allow wildcard and regular expression matching in the "find text" dialog, also let us use something to show that the following word should be evaluated as an identifier or variable, eg: "!script $identifier".

New username: hixxy