Hello I am new to this forum, but not to mIRC, I've been using it frequently and I want to thank Khaled for such an awesome application which has become very advanced from the early days of mIRC32 2.10.

Anyway, last night I was thinking of some simple ideas that I believe should be in future versions of mIRC. Below is a list:

1) There is a security flaw in mIRC which allows users to enter the program, even when they have the program passworded on startup. All the user has to do is modify a simple REG_SZ string in the registry, open mirc.exe then change the string back to the original.

2) User Profile manager - I really would like to see some kind of profiles built into mIRC. As I have many family members who use mIRC, and change my colors and stuff. I believe we should have some sort of dialog pop up, asking for username/password and when you login..all your settings are applied. It is much better than having 3 different mIRC installed.

3) CTCPs - One day I was browsing a CTCP RFC (<a href="http://www.irchelp.org/irchelp/rfc/ctcpspec.html">http://www.irchelp.org/irchelp/rfc/ctcpspec.html</a>), and notice that mIRC does not have support for a few, such as SED, SOURCE, USERINFO...I think that SED would be a very nice addition to the CTCP family for mIRC.

4) More customization - The ability to change dialog box, switchbar and scroll bar colors other than using the windows default scheme. This would be very nice and would add more fun into themes. It would also be very easy to implement, just need to proccess a few simple window messages such as WM_CTLCOLORBTN, WM_CTLCOLORDLG.

5) Advanced coloring options - I know a few clients support this feature, don't know how useful it would be but I really like it..as an extended CTRL+K, It would be nice to have the ability to enter in a hex RGB color value to have even more customization.

6) Ability to move menubar - I'm not sure how many people would care about this feature, but I think it would be nice to have the ability to move the menubar around like the switchbar.

7) Resources - This would be a neat idea...to have all those string resources and dialog resources in seperate dynamic libraries, such as strings.dll and dialogs.dll....This would provide the ability to have different languages for mIRC without much problems, it would also allow some more cusomization to mIRC.

Thank you all for your time...

- Matt