I don't think people are afraid of change as such, I just think people want justification for it. Provided something can look how they want, people will be fine with added customisable looks. From my perspective, I'm happy for Khaled to add as many feature changes as he likes, provided I can maintain the way I want mIRC to look, the classic way. I'm not afraid that Khaled might change mIRC to look a little different, or change mIRC so people can make it look different though.

areels: Something I'd like to pick up on after looking at this thread again, the subject says you don't care about mIRC's stability? Well...I have to say I think that's a silly comment to make. That's like, "I want a really really great ferarri, I don't care if it hasn't got an engine!"
I think for most people they are more concerned with mIRC working smoothly than how it looks. Yet another example of Khaled being stuck in a rock and a hard place - Turn attention to how mIRC looks and you'd get threads saying "I don't care how mIRC looks, I want some stability PLEASE!!!!"

Regards,

Mentality/Chris