I'm someone who uses the default mIRC classic style. It suits me just fine. I was playing around with fonts the other day actually (which is so much easier due to the new -z switch with /font grin) and still think Fixedsys is the best font, although some others I did like.

The subject of the way mIRC looks is a heated one. I don't see what all the fuss is about personally, I couldn't care less what a program looks like..why does it matter? It's not like you're taking it for walks on the street or in a fashion parade or something. I guess some people like to have aesthetically pleasing programs though if they use them all the time, which I respect completely...

However, as I have said before, I think mIRC accomodates this very well. I don't understand the need for more than 16 colours..*shrugs* - there's a few pre-made schemes and you can edit the colours for everything, you can edit the switchbar position, the toolbar buttons, which bars to display and which to hide, everything matches whatever Windows theme you have, resize the windows, change the font, change the tray icon, DLLs can be used to further develop the look...I think the only things which people who I can only describe as obsessed want is the ability to change things like the order of the options dialog buttons and so on. As this has been asked for so many times in the past, all I can say is "wait and see".

For me personally, mIRC is fine the way it is and has more than enough customisable features.

Regards,

Mentality/Chris