Oh come now.. many ppl have given their opinions on this subject in various threads both now and in "old" board. I believe you yourself have stated your opinion on the subject before.. so i hardly see where a locked sticky has held anyone back. Yegawds, i cant count the number of times this discussion has been brought up. So much for stifling Freedom of Speech.

I have stated more than once that mIRC was written/intended to be a chat medium, that just because you CAN do something doesnt mean its the best way/safe/right. I dont know of any moderator closing a thread or deleting it just because a user posted his opinion on this or asked how. So how on earth does one sticky become some power play/infliction of opinion?

Yes, mIRC has file sharing abilities. No, it isnt the best/fastest way. Yes, many things "traded" are illegal.. and i have also stated more than once that i am not sitting as judge and jury, but that users should educate themselves as to the risks involved and investigate other software better suited and use mIRC for its intended purpose. Yes, it is against AUP on many networks.

Yes, i get frustrated at the many users who state clearly they dont want to read the simplest help areas, but just demand to be told how to get whatever it is they want.. and then come back howling for help cause they got infected. These same users infect others and it becomes a vicious cycle. And why? cause they want to get something for nothing. I'll bet the vast majority of those ppl havent even had the courtesy/honesty to register mIRC.

And yes, regardless of your or anyone else's opinion on this, i will exercise MY right to express MINE. Any user who thinks mIRC is the best way to get files of whatever kind is wrong. mIRC was not intended to be filesharing central. Anyone who accepts anything anyone sends them is asking for trouble. Odd that you, who proclaim the right to your opinion, would object others expressing theirs.

ParaBrat @#mIRCAide DALnet