I agree the constant repetition of "mIRC is not a fileshare program" is annoying.

Yes it is annoying, especially since it is patently false. We all know that mIRC comes with file transfer facilites for those that wish to share the occasional file with those they chat with. This is so they don't have to download P2P programmes that are primarily written to allow people to share wares with. Bear in mind that alot of P2P programmes contain spyware and also a mechanism that allows the copyright holder to use your spare processing power and disc space to rent out to other entities, usually companies.

One thing annoys me more than the chants of "mIRC is just a chat programme" or "mIRC is not a filesharing programme" and that is moderators who post this bull in sticky threads which are locked so the issue cannot be debated. Either freedom of speech is a crime these days or perhaps it's just a case of those with the power to do so forcing their opinions on everyone else. Therefore I had my say on the issue right here. :tongue:

The only related issue I can come to terms with is that mIRC shouldn't be used as a wares trading bot. That though comes down to the wishes of the end user, not an issue of mIRC's capabilities.