I'm having a very similar problem and actually i moved to using xchat from mIRC 6.14 because of this. I have a fresh install of mIRC 6.15 with absolutely no scripts/addons at all now and it's been running for about 48 hours, it's connected on 4 different networks (2 of them use SSL) and i'm on a total of 27 channels. Windows taskmanager shows the following stats for mirc.exe:

Mem Usage: 14 412 K
Peak Mem Usage: 134 544 K
VM Size: 485 888 K

I'm running Windows XP Pro with all the latest patches, don't have any viruses/trojans and mIRC is freshly installed now with all default settings and no addons/scripts at all + my windows is installed 2 weeks ago cos i thought a reinstall might have helped smirk

The memory usage doesn't bother me at all (even the peak mem usage) but the anonying thing is the 500mb+ mIRC uses of the windows pagefile and it just keeps growing the longer i run it and then windows has to increase it and becomes slower and slower to use.

I'd love to go back to mIRC from xchat cos it lacks some nice features and looks uglier imo + i'm not familiar with perl/tcl scripting that is required for xchat scripts but i just can't use mIRC if it keeps doing this. The mem usage for xchat is 15mb/25mb/21mb (current/peak/pagefile) and i've been running it 3 days longer than mIRC now so it's much better in that aspect.

A solution for this would be much appreciated!

Forgot to mention my system components:

AMD Athlon XP 2500+, Epox 8RDA+, 512MB RAM, ATI Radeon 9700 Pro

Last edited by qwRad; 05/06/04 10:30 PM.