The longer I run mIRC, the more memory it takes. I can close all of the channels and privmsgs I am in and it only takes the memory usage down a little bit. I was at about 32MB used yesterday for mIRC, now it's up to 41 (as reported by Windows Task Manager in XP). I do log, but only chats and I don't get enough of those to eat more than a few KB of memory a day even if it kept them in memory for some reason. I don't run a full script, only a few simple things that I have written. I have very few variables and only 2 timers running, so that shouldn't be a problem (unless there is a leak in that itself). I do DCC send a lot, but not constantly.

I've had this behavior on all 6.x clients. I'm using 6.14 now.

I will be happy to provide more information if you tell me what you need.... I wasn't really sure what was important so I just tried to mention some stuff that would have the possibility of using memory.

Edit: I just noticed that often, closing a channel will INCREASE memory usage. I just closed a channel and it froze up for about 3 seconds and brought the memory from 41MB to 44MB (and yes, it is staying at 44MB, not dropping back down)

Last edited by RaistlinMajere; 03/06/04 03:22 AM.