Hi there smile

IRC is made up of many servers, networks and channels (and people with funny nicknames), and so it's hard to pin-point one particular #Karaoke channel. If I said "#Karaoke is on Network1" and then you went to Network1's #Karaoke channel, you may well find a bunch of people there - but they might not be who you are looking for. The channel #Karaoke can also exist on ANY other network but each one will have different people in, different rules, different popularity etc..

So, as you can imagine, given the number of channels called #Karaoke, and given that nobody is psychic it's near impossible for anyone to tell you exactly which channel you're looking for!

However, there are some resources you can use to find the best match and indeed, find the exact channel you're looking for. As fxmaker and Para pointed out, netsplit.de and SearchIRC are two good and highly recommended websites for looking for channels. You could also put the channel name and network into Google.

Quote:
when I type \Join #channel name there is no activity/communication going on

Remember that all commands begin with a /. So when you want to join a channel you use /join #channel-name - just thought I'd let you know incase what you typed is no a typo smile

Best of luck!

Regards,

Mentality/Chris