Umm..

Firstly, constantly posting the same idea is not going to help get the feature incorporated. Khaled will put the feature in if he wants to, and no amount of bugging is going to force him into doing it, if anything, it's likely to have a negative effect on the idea at all.

"Also, I haven't seen any good arguments why there shouldn't be this feature."

Everyone's views are valid. Everyones. The reasons for their views might not be good in your eyes, but it matters to the people who dislike the idea - and it's not your place to judge whether or not their points of view are good or not.

"When are we going to have our emoticons?"

This is not a place to DEMAND a feature, it is a place to SUGGEST a feature. That is all it is, a suggestion. Just because 4/5 people express that they would like a feature to be incorporated doesn't mean Khaled is going to reply and say "Yes, that feature will be seen next release" - he hardly ever ever does that (I think he's done it once). What's more, just because 4/5 people express their approval doesn't mean it WILL be incorporated. If Khaled doesn't like the idea, then it won't be added - even if the world and his wife like it.
That said, quite the opposite is true. The world and his wife do not like it, many people have expressed their dislike for the idea.

(Watchdog)
"As for people who have a problem with it well, I guess some people do get a bit hoity toity about such things, perhaps it's a sign that they are on the Net too much and should get outdoors more"

I don't think people expressing their dislike for the idea means they spend too much time on the Net or that they don't get out much. I have seen more people (evidently) get "hoity toity" about the feature NOT being liked by others and Khaled not expressing his views on it (as if this is some unique case where he has said nothing, heh).

Now, people expressing their like for the idea is just fine. Constantly starting threads about it is annoying. Nobody can do anything except wait until the next release of mIRC smile

My 2 cents!

Regards,

Mentality/Chris