1. mIRC should have a multiuser feature, meaning that one mIRC client could have different user accounts with different settings, channels, highlighst etc. (just like 2 separate mIRC clients) and all could be online at the same time. Also all private messages and highligtsh would be seen for every user without switching users.

2. Different network channels should be mixed together with out the irc.server.org status window for every different network. Nick changing and channel joining would be more difficult but a dislog could popup where irc networks would be selected..

3. Also mIRC should have an option for connecting simultaniously to multiple servers.

4a. Perform would be better if you could script it your self, meaning that if connected to some custom server, join some channels and message something to a bot.

4b. Or just do it differently that if i connect to a server that's not on the list i can't have any perform settings for it.

5. Some characters such as <> around the nick should be changed by the user, without installing any themepacks etc.

6. The channel bar could be automatically hidden when mouse is not over it. And it should appear if something is said on a specific channel or in case of highlight or private message.

I'm still using an older mIRC client so please forgive me if some of those suggestions are already in 6.14.