I have recently been having problems with DCC download bots (Bottler, IRC-Ork, etc). I am trying to get rid of them. I am writing an Eggdrop script for on-join auto-detection of such users and I need a little information for one of the features I am adding.

Obviously, mIRC is the most popular IRC client. Most of these unwanted bot users will falsify a CTCP VERSION replies with something that resembles mIRC. However, many do it incorrectly. They respond with obvious bogus information like simply "mIRC 6.12". I have even seen people so lazy as to put just "mirc".

What I am doing is coding a malformed mIRC CTCP VERSION reply check. Users who reply with "mIRC" but do not fit the correct format will be considered a fake.

I was wondering if anyone had a list of all of the different LEGITIMATE mIRC CTCP VERSION replies. I want to be sure that visitors using older clients are not auto-banned on accident.

Here are a few VERSION replies that I have compiled (not all are confirmed):
mIRC32 v2.1a K.Mardam-Bey
mIRC32 v2.3a K.Mardam-Bey
mIRC 6.01 Khaled Mardam-Bay
mIRC32 v6.1b K.Mardam-Bey (private beta)
mIRC64 v7.0b K.Mardam-Bey (private beta)
mIRC69 v6.9b K.Mardam-Bey (private beta)
mIRC v6.12 Khaled Mardam-Bey

Please correct any information I have wrong. Also when was the change made to the mIRC code to force the version reply? Thanks.