NightCrawler, why wouldn't you want to be payed for a hobby? I sure would. Its not like Khaled put 1 hour of work into mirc, and released it. mirc has several hundred (if not thousand) hours of coding put into it. I wouldn't let all those hours for a "hobby" be put to nothing.

Personally, I think of the $20 as more a donation than a fee. Somthing to give Khaled a pat on the back saying "greta job" "keep it up". If you think of it as a fee, then you don't appreciate mirc and maybe you should be using another client. Write your own irc client some day, and you'll see how much work is involved. All the managing of the sockets, as well as the dealing with user input. Multiple socket handling, as well as parsing a language the client themselfe writes. I'd love to see you write soemthing like this and not want a single dime for it.

BTW, do you use trillian? Because AIM is a "Free" procol, and trillian uses it and also charges for the use of their client. How about a video game for Linux. Linux is free source, and now you pay to use the video game. This also improper?

-KingTomato