Quote:
(cold how is it yours isnt using hash's are the dialogs small?)

My dialog isn't small in size, although it has only about 50 non-hidden controls. What I've done to test it was to call its table 3 times at once (using different names and dynamic x/y positions, so I could visualize them all), plus some other random dialogs which I didn't change to the "named methods". Then I've managed to use their various functions and didn't notice anything *that* slow.
However, since the dialog wasn't really finished, I've decided to test other scripts with completed and bigger dialogs. Changed some so they'd refer to their IDs via identifiers, which were like "alias -l _mp3.list { return 10 }". Scripted also a "list" identifier which would replace /did lists like "1,2,5,..." by "$dlist(_mp3,list,filter.text,filter.edit,...)", so a little extra processing was done here.
By the way, I've tested all of these while connected and being on some active channels. I didn't notice any considerable slowdown.. only with one or two dialogs which used the MDX DLL (not all of them, not everytime either).

Considering that I was using interpreted identifiers, their little downside shouldn't be any close to the result of an additional built-in support (I guess).. like I said, I don't believe speed would be the main point.
You're right, we can't overlook it, although I just thought this issue could be best analyzed by Khaled, but anyway.. I've tested it myself before with what I had in hands, so why not.

I'll see, when I have time, if I do this again with some scripts, then I could post them here, if you want to do some testing. Although you could script it yourself too smile

Last edited by cold; 24/10/03 08:46 AM.

* cold edits his posts 24/7