Ok. I obviously haven't done a very good job of explaining the concept of docking dialogs.

Yes, there are certain cases where one might want to dock a dialog.

For instance, if you've created a toolbar for channels that is (in a sense) a re-creation of the channel central dialog.

Such as this: http://www.atomicscript.com/toolbar.png

Or perhaps you've created a nice little "ops" dialog which has a list of buttons and so forth on it that give you quick commands to kick/ban/whois people etc.

So there are cases where a dialog could be docked.
Granted, not always the case. But I do believe that there are some uses for docking dialogs.

Secondly, the whole idea of a moveable docked dialog, is simply this (as some others have explained).

Say the developer docks the dialog to the top (underneath the switchbar), and the user doesn't like it sitting there, well, as with the switchbar, it is "moveable" to a new docked position, say, the bottom, or the left/right of the screen. The dialog is also moveable onto the screen to become a floating palette (in a similar manner to how MS Office has floating and dockable shortcut bars).

Does this satisfy some of the questions here?

Oh, yes, the idea does need a bit more thinking out, however, I was just "sketching" the idea out for everyone to see.

*EDIT* Fixed url

*ADDENDUM*
I forgot to point out in the original thread one small thing:

The /dialog -mp command would be this:
The -m is for modeless (obviously), whilst -p is for positional (aka dockable and drag-dockable).

--------
mIRC - fun for all the family (except grandma and grandpa)