Quote:
I think the problem here is you just want mIRC to do everything for you, and if thats the case then scripting isn't needed.

It is a suggestion, not a problem. If he wants mIRC to do that job for him (to support ctime on /timer, which I'd want too), it doesn't mean he wants it to do everything for him. However, if this is a personal opinion of yours, I don't see why do you bring it since it's obviously not going to improve the discussion.

Quote:
/timer -c [#channel]
trigger the timer only if I'm on #channel

Unrelated. I don't see anything here related to combinations of more features (IRC/ON JOIN, in that case) into /timer's parameters. What I see is a suggestion to add another time value to /timer, following its pattern and making sense, since mIRC already offers one (HH:nn) - which could be easily scripted as well. Then..
Quote:
All of those suggestions are just as equally valid.

..this is an opinion of yours. From the point of view of who wants mIRC to do everything for him/her, they might be equally valid. But since you brought an idea not really related to the suggestion, they don't seem equally valid following it.

Quote:
That script is no more complex than a simple "hello world"

Yeah, it isn't. It doesn't work, anyway. zac shows one that works and it's even simpler, but it doesn't offer all /timer's features, that's something I suppose Doomstars has pointed out talking about simplicity. In this case, simplicity not only to script it, but to "port" it and make use of it too. If he's not, I am.

Anyway, a lot of small features that could be scripted are now built-in, yet, from what I see, nothing has worsen about it to who disagrees or has never needed its inclusion. People who agrees with it and/or needs it end up using it, justifying such small additions. This is only another one, which I think that would be used. As a suggestion to Khaled, others should at least not diminish it.

Last edited by cold; 28/08/03 09:51 AM.

* cold edits his posts 24/7