I've got this problem with mirc, and its only started recently. The people in the help channels online seem to be misinterpreting my problem. The system is a Win2K box with SP2, 200 MB RAM, and mirc 6.03, with Eudora, Yahoo Messenger, and IE 5.5 being open at the same time.

I normally keep 6 channels open across two servers, tiled with the status windows minimized. So far so good. Each channel has the main window where the chat is displayed, the userlist on the right side, and the textbox where I type down at the bottom. I usually use ctrl-tab to tab between the channels. I do not use any scripts.

Here's the problem: Every so often, seemingly at random (I've yet to actually get a pattern to it), the cursor in the textbox where I type shifts from the standard left-side typing, to right-side typing. Basically, instead of typing from left to right, it types from right to left! Instead of being left-justified, like normal mirc text-boxes, its right-justified. A temporary fix is to exit the channel and re-enter it, but that doesn't actually fix the problem or tell me what's causing it.

The "help" that I've gotten in the past was to check the settings. I've checked all the settings, there is no setting for this kind of right-justification. The "help" I've received involved turning off the second text box which never opens in the first place, to a cascade setting under the window menu. These are clearly barking up the wrong tree, as they have nothing to do with my actual problem. Sorry for the rant, but I want people to know what I have tried.

In order to fix this, I have deleted the program and reinstalled it. The only file I saved was the servers.ini which has the two small independant servers I frequent. The bug returned.

Has *anyone* encountered anything similar to this? I'm ready to just delete mirc off the system and go for another IRC client because of this.