I post because I have something to say, not because I want to increase a number.

Is that part of your argument? There are a few hundreds or thousands of people who post, apart from you, and you must consider the possibility that not all of them are like you. We don't want YOU to stop posting, we want the people who post for the count's sake to stop. You almost sounded guilty there :tongue:

Anyway, to the point...

In anycase, I think hiding the post count would be stupid, it won't solve anything, pointless posts will still exist.

I disagree. Imo, most (as in >90%) of the junk posted in these forums comes from people who just want to increase their post count. Hiding the post count won't stop all post-count idiots but it'll stop a LOT of them. Having to wade through 20 junk posts (for example) instead of 100 is something I *could* care less about.

Raccoon's suggestion is the best idea I've seen in this forum so far, I'm definitely in favour, but I have some objections. I want the "Title" thing AND the rating system to die as well, even from the User Profile page. I don't want any of this visible anywhere. Imo, these features have valid uses generally, but not in these particular forums (for reasons I won't get into). I'm sorry that people who enjoy statistics would be disappointed, but you can't have everything.

/.timerQ 1 0 echo /.timerQ 1 0 $timer(Q).com