How odd. I only have two dictionaries in my house to look it up in (one old abridged Websters and an unabridged Random House), but I managed to find it in both of them; however, it lists it spelled as two separate words; no wonder your dictionary cannot find a single word spelled that way.
  • Random House Compact Unabridged Dictionary (Copyright © 1996, 1993, 1987 by Random House, Inc.)

fair´ din´kum, Australian. dinkum.
    din•kum (ding´kum), adj. Australian. genuine; authentic. [1890-95 of obscure orig.]
  • Webster's New Collegiate Dictionary (Copyright © 1979 by G. & C. Merriam Co.)

¹din•kum \'ding-kum\ adj [pro. fr. E dial. dinkum, n., work] Austral: authentic, genuine
    ²dinkum adv, Austral: truly, honestly
  • http://dictionary.reference.com
Incidentally, just for fun, I looked up colour in my two dictionaries and you'll never guess what I found: it was in both of them!

Perhaps I know of the term because I'm old; perhaps it's because I read books (it's used occasionally in fictional books). It's certainly not an obscure English word/phrase...and certainly not at all difficult to look up in any dictionary.

I have three questions: Why are you fighting over "fair dinkum" and "color vs. colour"? Are you professional English-language grammarians? And if you are, what does that have to do with mIRC (which is demonstrably international)?

DALnet: #HelpDesk and #m[color:#FF0000]IR[color:#EEEE00]C