Im afraid codemastr is right. USB technology itself is a house of cards. Even large companies (motorola being one) cant seem to make very stable drivers. I reffer you to usb cable modems. Theres litteraly a plethera of methods and data you can send to a device but the problem is theres no method for you to know the device. When you install a device the usb port looks up the driver for it. when a company makes a device they design the driver to recognize it. But to my knowledge theres no usb driver that can recognize ALL usb devices wich there would have to be in order for mirc to use it. You cant add a /usb command that only works sometimes for some devices etc..

On top of that lets look at speed. USB is fast but who cares how fast you can get the data if you cant process it 1/10 th the speed. Sorta defeats the purpose of using usb.

On the other side it would be nice for a driver to support mirc but i somehow doubt logitech will distribute mirc capable usb drivers with thier webcams etc.. and im almost positive noone here will undergo the task of designing one for any particular device.

The concept would certainly be neet to have but just isnt practical from an irc client p.o.v (even though i feel mirc stopped being "just" an irc client long ago)

Have Fun smile