pheonix: re your comments about $regex,$regsub being better explained, the help file clearly says:
Regular expressions are basically a grammar that can be used to perfom complicated pattern matching operations. You should already know how to use Regular expressions before using the identifiers below.

It is beyond the scope of this help file to explain how Regular Expressions work. There are many websites on the internet that introduce regular expressions and provide examples.

General reply:
- www.mirc.com includes a lot of links, perhaps add more there

- While i can see that adding some of those to the help file could be nice, i think it would cause more probs than anything else. Its an easy task to change a link on a website, and i can guarantee any outdated links in the help file would create a ton of whines here and in mIRC channels.

-it would be time consuming to check on all possible tutorials and monitor them for accuracy and content, and what if even one was changed to something that would be a prob? or if a site decided they didnt want to be included any more? easy to change on a website, but not if its out in the world on every copy of mIRC.

-wanna guess the number of "why didnt you include MY tutorial" "pleasepleeeeeassssssssssse add my tutorial to the next version!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

-i'd like to think that if someone has enuf sense to read mIRC's help file, FAQ and website, they are also aware of, and capable of, using a search engine. And of course this forum exists to provide help and references.

ParaBrat @#mIRCAide DALnet