ok im trying to connect to 2 nets and a few channels on startup, a very difficult task.... ive always had an issue about this ever since i wanted to do it without alias and scripting.

a newbie like me would go into files/connect and add the servers if they are not there in this case irc stratic.com, since quakenet is there i would leave it like that and go into "perform" and click "add" then add the 2 servers. but this is not possible for for some reason added servers (irc.stratic.com) does not show up on that list, ive checked the servers.ini and its there so ive no clue where this list is from. this would be the first error i guess, added servers are not in the perform/server list....

ok so ask here instead so i can get some leet command since irc is not able to do this in any other way.

/server irc.server1.com -j #autojoin1,#autojoin2,#autojoin3
/server -m irc.server2.com -j #autojoin1,#autojoin2,#autojoin3

i was supposed to put this in perform. so i did and enabled it. quitted mirc and started to test. Nothing happen... absolutely nothing. perform was enabled with server info and... oh ill try mark "connect on startup" so i did and something happen but not really what i wanted because now mirc tried to connect to the server in the window in "connect" which happen to be "Random US dalnet server" hmmm second error i guess.

oh well, reinstalled mirc and during reinstall i removed "backup my existing mirc file, settings etc" and started mirc again, i did not connect to "Random US dalnet server" however:

this was still in my perform..wtf?! 4th error? i dont know to me this should be long gone. anyway i reinstalled mirc again but first i removed EVERYTHING first.

now i didn’t really trust this to work so i just pasted the answer into "perform" with out editing the real servers:

wiiee mirc actually tried to connect to irc.server1.com so i edited the server name from irc.server1.com to irc.quakenet.org and restarted mirc. mirc started and connected to, or tried to... irc.server1.com... wtf?! 5th error?

i made sure everything was disabled in both perform and auto connect and started over, but no matter what i do, its trying to connect to irc.server1 even its long gone...sigh!

im a stupid newbie nevertheless im feeling like a genius when i suggest you to make a better and easier way to configure auto connection to more than 1 net and more than 1 channel?

right this minute i edited the tester server name to irc.quakenet.org.com which it cannot connect to, of course not because its a wrong server:

* Connecting to irc.quakenet.org.com (6667)
-
* Unable to connect (Connection refused)

but its 15minutes since i removed that name and changed it with the right irc.quakenet.org but still mirc wanna connect to irc.quakenet.org.com.. Please!