How do you ensure that the CPU is in the same state each time? Meaning maybe when /if3 is executed there is nothing else going on in the CPU, where as when /if1 is executing, your anti-virus program is in the process of running
I can't believe you're so narrow-minded. What makes you think I ran the benchmark only once? If you run this benchmark 100 times and all 100 times /if3 is faster than /if1, don't you think it's safe to assume that /if3 is actually faster? Even with 10 random runs of each alias, are you aware of the probability of the CPU doing something heavy during ALL 10 runs of /if1, while being idle during ALL 10 runs of /if3? It's 0.1%.
Let me quote myself from the post linked by Online: Run these aliases and their modified equivalents with a false condition a few times (not just once each) .... I guess you didn't notice that.

Thats why benchmark programs cost several hundreds of not several thousands of dollars, because it isn't as simple as using a timer and counting which takes longer.
Has it ever occured to you that those programs benchmark 'slightly' different things?

Generalizing, rationalizing and assuming things are obviously your favourite habits (you've been doing it forever on these boards), but they get tiring rather quickly.

/.timerQ 1 0 echo /.timerQ 1 0 $timer(Q).com