Hello.

I have two separate questions regarding mIRC 7.63 behaviour that I don't know how to solve.

1. I have mIRC configured to auto-join a channel on invite. This does seem to work, but the joined channel window does not pop open for me, it seems to be minimized upon joining. Is there a way to make the channel window open up when the channel is auto-joined on invite?

2. When using a bouncer (psyBNC in my case), the bouncer's "chat" window is under the nickname -psyBNC (I have read a thread about issues with hyphen prefixed nicknames, although I don't know how that story evolved or how things stand with that). But basically what I would like to do (if at all possible) is to make mIRC NOT react to the content in that chat window, meaning, it should not start blinking as if I had a new message when mIRC is minimized, and it should not highlight words in that window based on my Highlight settings. I have tried playing around with mIRC Address Book / Control - Ignore setting, but without any luck. Can what I want be done at all ?

Edit:
I seem to have gotten the highlighting to stop by putting a checkmark next to "Highlight". I'm not able to figure out what the checkmark next to "Private" does. Now I would need to make it so that the "Flash on message" setting is ignored for this particular chat window and that would be it.

Edit 2:
Ok I figured out the "Private" checkmark. It causes the private messages from this nickname to be completely ignored, but only if the chat window is closed. I had it open and the messages kept coming anyway, so I thought "Private" doesn't have any effect. So all that's left is to make it not flash on new messages for this particular chat window! I do want the window to be open and show new messages, I just don't want it flashing when mIRC is minimized, if that can be achieved!?

Last edited by Perplexer; 06/12/20 12:41 AM.