Thank you both maroon and Epic for the replies. I did some testing using he debug coding. The issue seemed to be with the with the original writeini script that created the ini file data, I think because I was just populating so much data into the file (current size was 1.98 MB 84,164 lines (with spaces)) which for a ini file is well HUGE, that it was wait locking while trying to parse the single file to find the line within to update/read.

So I created some separate files to hold the more fluid data that is getting read and updated more often. so I blew the whole INI file away and started from scratch. I guess I could have taken the time to well rip the INI file apart to preserve the data but decided to let it repop in its own time. Currently with the fresh ini files the scripts are responding fine.

I had started the script out in its first write using several files to hold the data but decided to try and put it into one file. BAD idea I guess I didn't expect the sizing to blow up so fast