A small correction for the above alias, and a question.

For the above alias to work after a reboot when $ticks is reset to a much lower number, the ">= 1000" should be changed to "!isnum 0-1000".

I do see that if I create another alias where all the 'test' strings were changed to 'test3', and if I run 2-or-more of these cloned aliases at the same time, the average times are lowered so that the sum of these averages are slightly higher, in a way which indicates that, other than at the 16ms system ticks interval, the other multimedia trigger events are only triggering 1 multimedia timer at each event.

When I edit the alias to use -mo instead of -ho switch, the result changes to 65 which is the number of 16ms system-timer intervals per second.

So, when the multimedia -ho timer in this alias has result of 65 when run as the only timer, does that mean the multimedia settings are silently disabled, and in-effect the timer is behaving in all ways as a non-multimedia -m timer even though $timer(test).mmt returns $true?

Currently, when $timer(foo).delay reports 5000, there's no way for a script to know if that delay is 5000 seconds or 5000ms unless the timer was created with the -h switch, allowing $timer(foo).mmt to indicate the delay is shown in .ms. But if -h wasn't used, .delay can't inform whether or not the timer was created with -m. Even if you do know the timer is a -m or -h timer where the .delay is in millisecs, a script can't use .secs to know how many milliseconds remain until the next scheduled triggering, because .secs returns the rounded-down seconds, so 0 just means there's somewhere between 0-999 ms remaining.