Right, sorry I forgot about that.

Ok for printscreen, indeed.

Google is full of problem with ToAscii/ToUnicode killing/destroying dead keys with the exact same situation I'm describing.

It looks like the suggested workaround is to call the ToUnicode function twice with the exact same parameter, to eat any dead key if any.
You may be already using some kind of system like this for it since it does cycle between triggering on keydown and not triggering it, except it does it on the wrong keystroke.

However, as I've said, one cannot rely on $keychar (or $keyval anyway) in the on keydown event to get the resulting characters.
I was going to suggest that $keychar should probably be set only on the second key press of the dead key there, which mIRC could do, but I'm not sure it should, again even I knew I pressed a dead key and a vowel, i wouldn't know what to do based on the keys, msl doesn't provide the necessary tool to do the job, and I'm not asking for it, rather, I really hope you can add a new event which would trigger for WM_CHAR messages, what do you think of such feature?

#mircscripting @ irc.swiftirc.net == the best mIRC help channel