It's normal for unload to be grey'ed out for all 5 of the popups in the Alt+P window's /view list.

I was able to get my nicklist popups to beep at me by changing it to another file then deleting it.

This should show that all 5 popups are loaded, and are usually the same filename. Paste into status window or any #channel editbox:

Code:
//var %i 0 | while (%i < 5) { var %a n $+ %i | echo -a %a $readini($mircini,pfiles,%a) | inc %i }

The 4th one n3 is the nicklist popup. It's probably blank, points to a different filename than the other 4, or has a blank [lpopups] section.

If it's different than the other 4, you can force it to use the same file. Substitute the path\filename shown in the above listing if it's different than this:

Code:
/load -pn scripts\popups.ini

If it still beeps, go to Alt+P window and choose 'nicklist' from the /view menu. If it's blank, that means your popups.ini doesn't have the [lpopups] section, possibly damaged during your BSOD.

This should load into notepad to view the popups file used by your nicklist:

Code:
//run notepad $readini($mircini,pfiles,n3)

If your popups is shared by all 5 types of popups, you should see 5 [section names]. It doesn't matter which order they appear. Unless you've edited the popups away from default, the last line in these 5 sections should begin:

Quote:
[cpopup] n0=
[bpopup] n20=
[mpopup] n24=
[qpopup] n12=
[lpopup] n24=

If your [lpopup] is blank, you can replace it with:

1. go to Alt+P window
2. click on view, and select "nick list"
3. paste the default lines into it:

Quote:

[lpopup]