Hi Maroon, I understood your instructions. Thanks. Unfortunately, I had no favorable results.

I found the mirc.ini file you described in the following location.

Program Files (x86) > mIRC > defaults > mirc.ini

It had 1853 bytes. I opened it with notepad and there was neither [find] nor [find2] anywhere in that file.

> you'll recognize as your history

NOTHING in mirc.ini looked like anything that I ever searched for. All were after the line "[chanfolder]" and contained full channel names such as:
n0=#AllNiteCafe

I closed notepad.

To investigate, in the Windows 7 "Search" box at the upper right I searched for list and "list2" with no results anywhere in the "Program Files (x86) > mIRC" folder.

Then I had an idea-- I would add a new search-term into the Channels List search box and see which mIRC file changed. So, I loaded mIRC, connected to a network, clicked on Channels List (the fourth icon from the left on the top). In the "Text:" box I typed the string "wbpxh". Then I clicked on "Get List". As expected, there were no hits. Now, mIRC has stored the wbpxh string somewhere on my computer for eternity.

Then I looked for the wbpxh string. Unfortunately, I could not find where it was stored:
(1) I searched for "wbpxh" in the Windows 7 Start > "Search Programs and Files" box with no results
(2a) Via Windows 7, I looked at a listing for all the files in the mIRC folder. NO FILE itself had changed date, but the "defaults" FOLDER had updated to today's date and time.
(2b) Via DOS, I repeated (2a) above and found the same results.

If you have further ideas, please let me know. Thank you for your patience.