That's what I thought you would say - but unfortunately I have not been able to reproduce it.

I suspect that if I hand edit the relevant mIRC control file I might be able to reproduce it somehow, but that seems somewhat artificial when I didn't do anything like that to create the issue the first time. I have retried the "/dcc trust" command I used to create the entry at issue, but was not able to recreate it.

So unless a code walkthrough of the Auto-get comes up with an obvious case where is mal-formed trust entry causes the loop to end early, there seems to be little we can do to take this further.