Something I used to use ages ago was the internal auto-op and autovoice lists. An example of my coding, which I don't even know if it works anymore (as I have not used mirc for chatting in a VERY long time):

Code:
on *:join:#channel-name: {
if (Sybian iswm $nick) { msg $chan $nick is a bot so be careful | halt }
elseif ($address($nick,"masknumber") isaop #) { msg $chan - Welcome $nick our friendly channel ops | halt }
elseif ($address($nick,"masknumber") ishop #) { msg $chan - Welcome $nick our channel half op | halt }
elseif ($address($nick,"masknumber") isavoice #) { msg $chan - Welcome $nick - lovely lady | halt }
else { msg $chan - Welcome $nick - to our channel | halt }
}

My coding is really rusty, but I think you get the idea, and I BELIEVE this would work. The "isreg" is unneeded since not only is EVERYBODY a regular user upon joining, isaop, and isavoice would take care of all modes (not to mention isprotect if you decide to use that). Anybody NOT on one of those lists is a "regular" person in that channel. Then, if people change nicknames a lot, but you want to recognize them, you would do:

Code:
if (($address($newnick,"masknumber") isaop) && ($mask($fulladdress,"masknumber") !isaop)) { //aop $mask($fulladdress,"masknumber") $aop($address($newnick,"masknumber")).type }
if (($address($newnick,"masknumber") isavoice) && ($mask($fulladdress,"masknumber") !isavoice)) { //avoice $mask($fulladdress,"masknumber") $avoice($address($newnick,"masknumber")).type }

I couldnt find a hop identifier or command in mirc altho I'm using 7.45, so not quite the latest. What these lines will do is if the person is in your address book as an auto-op or autovoice, and they change nicknames, it will automatically add the new nickname to the proper list for the proper channel. That option is really your choice, but when I used it in a script ages ago, it worked REALLY well and fast too. You COULD use the protect list as your Half-op list as well. The lists dont even need to be active, the person just needs to be ON the list. Any instance of "masknumber" means you can use your preferred mask type. I used 9 as it seemed the best combo for my needs, but you may have another one.

If I have misunderstood what you're trying to do, or due to my lack of usage of the program am way off the mark, then I apologize. I rarely come to these forums anymore, but this type of thing spoke to me as the codes in this post were ripped right out of one of my own scripts. I was in the small percentage of mirc scripters who used the Address book this way. I hope this helps.

Last edited by landonsandor; 25/09/18 04:03 AM.

Those who fail history are doomed to repeat it