Hello all,

I've been an mIRC user since the 90s, but never a "power user". I have, of course, a registered license. I think it's my most used software, period. I am very fond of mIRC and want to continue using it, but I'm at my wit's end as I have never had this issue before and so I hope you can help me out.

I most recently had mIRC working just fine on a Windows 8.1 x64 install. No problems. My hard drives died so I replaced them and ended up going with Windows 10 x64. My ISP changed my modem device at the same time by coincidence, so I suspect the issue lay there. The issue that has arisen is that mIRC disconnects from the server every six minutes, pretty much on the dot.

No other program does this. Only mIRC is impacted. My ISP has confirmed that they do not filter or restrict any traffic whatsoever, including IRC traffic (which matches my experience with them being universally positive over the past four years, during which mIRC was fine) but I don't know if I am missing something in Windows 10 or my new modem that is causing this.

In summary:

Windows 10 x64
Windows factory settings for firewall/antivirus
mIRC 7.52 newest version
Ubee UBC1301 cable modem @ 600mbps/100mbps, factory settings
Disconnects every 6 minutes (only mIRC)

If anyone has any insights whatsoever I would be absolutely thrilled to hear them. I do not want to have to switch software but it's basically unusable right now.

Thank you very much!

Cheers!