Originally Posted By: Raccoon
The colors of 16 through 98 are unrelated to any of your 0 to 15 color values, as the values of 0 to 15 are meant to be changed while 16 to 98 are static.

You say that 1 is black, but for a lot of people 1 is a dark gray, or 0 may be black. Some people change all 0 to 15 colors to white and black... so duplicates are only what you make of them.

You can change these colors by right-clicking on the color pallet in the Alt-K 'Colors' window.

I understand. You're right, it's better this way. However, do you know if most IRC clients tend to use the same default 16 colors for 0-15 that mIRC does? Or is mIRC the odd-one out for the first 16?

The color palette on http://anti.teamidiot.de/static/nei/*/extended_mirc_color_proposal.html seems unique. Putting the following into Google only comes up with at most 7 results: 2e0047 4b0074 7500b5
I do see the part where it says they are "brightness-biased to midrange", but I want to know how the specific numbers were chosen. Were they mathematically determined?