That really isn't so much an argument as a justification of why you do something one certain way, which is fine.

I respect that people have different methods of doing things within mIRC, and will never at any time suggest that people should do it any other way.

To a comment watchdog made, about repeating information already shown in other parts of the gui.
Yes, but what if mIRC suddenly became a "smart application".
Consider this. You turn the "status bar" on, and instantly, all the "repeatable" information dissapears from the titlebar, and gets put into the status bar. Still allowing for the end user to see what happens in the titlebar when they minimise the window.

Back to megazerox's comment about these sorts of status bars being scriptable.

Yes, they can be scripted, but it usually involves using (what I consider) 3rd party hacks to allow mIRC to do this. To be quite frank, I can't believe mIRC has gone so long without this particular feature. Personally, I distrust dll's that modify the appearance of mIRC. I think they "kludge" up and are very ineffiecient at doing what they do. They can be done better, and in my opinion, they could only be achieved properly if Khaled implemented the ability to do so.

The photoshopped image is just an example of the sort of thing that we should be able to create/access within mIRC.

I would also like to point out, that typing a command is far less effeciant (in terms of energy output) than moving a mouse, double clicking, and so forth.

The whole point about scripting, and hacking (which this is to a certain degree), is about improving the software to suit your needs, or to modify an application to do something it can already do, but make it 100x better.

I should also point out, that if you can't see how an idea works, without thinking about it for 5 or so minutes, and "explore" how it would work, then don't post replies until you have. Some of you seem to have just sat there and gone, "eww, that looks really gross, I hate it" or, "omfg, what a waste of space that is" or, "it's not optional, kill it".

Use a little common sense.

--------
mIRC - fun for all the family (except grandma and grandpa)