Right, the context here is twitch, I get the nicklist for a channel from the web, which indicates who are op/halfop etc, and it also indicates that for my own nickname, which is why I was trying to remove my own nickname from the nicklist, to then re-add it (this was all just me toying around, I was unsure where my problem was at some points and thought I had to inject the JOIN event, eventually I realized I could/should just be using the raw 353, but still the behavior seemed weird, one could assume that since /parseline was added, mIRC would actually handle this fine.

I should be simulating the PART event for all those nicknames which are present on the channel when I'm about to empty the nicklist, but the issues is that I'm dealing with 30000+ nicklist users, and simulating 30000 JOIN messages is super slow (and the idea is to refresh the nicklist from the web on a 20s timer basis or so), whereas using the raw 353 to inject nickname into the nicklist is pretty fast.

Quote:
While I could change this particular behaviour, there are numerous similar behaviours.
I agree that for now nothing should be changed, I'll keep playing around with this and see if it can be made without in a decent (not too slow) way.