Quote:
Using plain text which looks like an identifier is (IMO) a bad idea for several reasons.
I agree that there isn't much difference between returning a static "$error" vs "error"; and since the former might be confused as an identifier it shouldn't have been used, but $!error can be used instead of $+, it's simple enough and working, which is what matters to me.
Quote:

2. "$error" is a valid file name. So if I select such a file in $sfile dialog how do you distinguish between the two?
If you select such a file the complete filename will be returned, I don't think $sfile can possibly returns "$error" for a valid filename, it would be 'C:\$error' or something.

Reading versions.txt about $inwho it looks like Khaled wants to move away from using such returned values, but there is a need for script to tell if the $sfile call returns because of a special folder or if it's because the user pressed the escape key, for example. edit: well that note about $inwho was for mIRC 6.0 and $chan().ial still return $inwho although it says that future version would stop doing so.

Last edited by Wims; 14/11/17 12:38 PM.

#mircscripting @ irc.swiftirc.net == the best mIRC help channel