It's not about easy or hard life, it's about knowing, being aware. Most scripters nowadays use evaluation brackets to:
-Set dynamic variable, but why, it's not needed/faster, it's just useless and makes the code ugly.
-Retrieve dynamic variable, well that's faster than $eval, but that's because $eval is a huge quirk in itself and it's not like people use it arguing 'what? i'm winning pico seconds here'

The answer is monkey see, monkey do, we don't need/want no monkey. Quirks are fine as long as they are known and documented, each language has its good and bad practices, its quirks etc, the mIRC community is the only one I see not trying to get better regarding this. Codes uploaded on hawkee are usually terrible, among all the code with possible injection via timers/scon, 95% of them are vulnerable with no $safe, there is nothing telling them about those injections anyway.
This 'bug' is actually not a bug but a quirk, difference being that it's incorrect behavior but it won't be fixed because of its nature (requires change to the parser, which khaled avoids, *understandable*). I want more awareness for people, more communication/documentation from khaled regarding the quirks, cause for now, it's who is the most aware and who you trust the most and you need to find the thread from the 200X years where khaled said something about a quirk to justify it.

#mircscripting @ irc.swiftirc.net == the best mIRC help channel