Thank you so very much for responding and with the code...It worked, but had one error so to speak. When "@,+ etc" it worked PERFECTLY <@ nick>, but when it was just a normal user it showed a space before nick < nick>. I made the changes below and it works like a charm. Thank so very much again for showing me how to do it right.

I do have one additional question...Let's say you are in a moderated chatroom and you are a normal user...if you try to type something it gives you a error "Cannot send to channel (+m)". How can I assign a color to that? I have tried changing colors, but none of them associates to that one event. Would appreciate your insight on this. Thanks

Here's my version of your code:

Code:
on *:INPUT:*: {
  if ($left($1,1) != /) {
    haltdef
    if $active ischan {
      ; active window is channel window... do something with @%~+ stuff, etc

var %n = $iif($me !isreg $chan,$left($nick($chan,$me).pnick,1) $chr(240))
      ;ORIGINAL var %n = $iif($me !isreg $chan,$left($nick($chan,$me).pnick,1),$chr(240))

var %echo.text = $+(3<,$chr(2),$chr(3),$+($replace(%n,@,4@,&,4&,%,14%,~,4~,+,5+,$chr(240),),7),$me,$chr(2),$chr(3),3>) $1-
      ;ORIGINAL var %echo.text = $+(3<,$chr(2),$chr(3),$+($replace(%n,@,4@,&,4&,%,14%,~,4~,+,5+,$chr(240),15),$chr(32),9),$me,$chr(2),$chr(3),3>) $1-
    }
    else {
      ; active window is private chat window... just make me green

var %echo.text = $+(3<,$me,3>) $1-
    }  
    echo -tm $active %echo.text 
    .msg $active $1-
  }
}

on ^*:TEXT:*:*: {
  haltdef
  if !$chan {
    ; text is not #channel text.. echo to $nick 

echo -tm $nick $+(3<,$chr(3),15,$chr(2),, $nick,,$chr(3),$chr(2),3>) $1-
    ;ORIGINAL echo -tm $nick $+(3<,$chr(3),10,$chr(2),$nick,$chr(3),$chr(2),3>) $1-
  }
  else {
    ; so text is #channel text.. echo to $chan

var %n = $iif($nick !isreg $chan,$left($nick($chan,$nick).pnick,1) $chr(240))
    ;ORIGINAL var %n = $iif($nick !isreg $chan,$left($nick($chan,$nick).pnick,1),$chr(240)) 

echo -tm $chan $+(3<,$chr(2),$chr(3),$+($replace(%n,@,4@,&,4&,%,14%,~,4~,+,5+,$chr(240),),15),$nick,$chr(2),$chr(3),3>) $1-
    ;ORIGINAL echo -tm $chan $+(3<,$chr(2),$chr(3),$+($replace(%n,@,4@,&,4&,%,14%,~,4~,+,5+,$chr(240),15),$chr(32),15),$nick,$chr(2),$chr(3),3>) $1- 
  }
}

Last edited by r0ot; 12/04/14 05:09 PM.