Hey guys,

I am new to mirc scripting and need some help. I am trying to create a very basic on input script so it shows a particular way in the chat window. I read some stuff and was able to achieve that, but for some reason I can't get the Nick Colors to stick in a chat window. As soon as I use my code below the nick colors work in the listview, but not in the chat window. So I tried to apply color myself...the problem is how do I make it so that when its $me...it shows up as "Green" ?

Any ideas? My main goal is/was to put some color brackets in the chat and do something like "[@ Nick]" where "@,+" etc will be in appropriate color and "Nick" will be a color I decide (same for all modes) except me ($me) always in green. Also, I have no idea how to add a space between @ and nick.

Would really appreciate any and all help.

Thank you

My code so far:

;******************************************************

on *:INPUT:*: {
if ($left($1,1) != /) {
var %n = $iif($me !isreg $chan,$left($nick($chan,$me).pnick,1),$chr(240))
haltdef
echo -tm $chan $+(3<,$chr(2),$chr(3),$replace(%n,@,4@,&,4&,%,4%,~,4~,+,5+,$chr(240),15),$nick,$chr(2),$chr(3),3>) $1-
.msg $chan $1-
}
}

on ^*:TEXT:*:#: {
if ($nick !ison $chan) {
haltdef
echo -tm $chan $+(3<,$chr(3),10,$chr(2),$nick,$chr(3),$chr(2),3>) $1-
}
else {
var %n = $iif($nick !isreg $chan,$left($nick($chan,$nick).pnick,1),$chr(240))
haltdef
echo -tm $chan $+(3<,$chr(2),$chr(3),$replace(%n,@,4@,&,4&,%,14%,~,4~,+,5+,$chr(240),15),$nick,$chr(2),$chr(3),3>) $1-
}
}

;******************************************************

Last edited by r0ot; 11/04/14 05:57 PM.