Also you can confirm that trailing empty line is definitely a bug by setting the line limit to 3 and then pasting for example

"hello

a"

mIRC will ask if you wish to paste 3 lines. Not 2 and if you select that you wish to do this, mIRC says only 2 lines and ignores the empty line. By your logic, mIRC shouldn't warn me about pasting that because it's only 2 lines getting the /say treatment.

EDIT: It also treats

"Hello.

a
"

as 3 lines, so it ignores the empty line at the end but counts the empty lines in the middle.

You can also test pasting

"
Hello." and mIRC will say that you are pasting 2 lines. So mIRC counts the empty lines before /saying a line that contains something else than "".

The last empty line(s) is/are ignored, it's a bug, end of story. You are confusing what mIRC does and what is being actually done.

"Hello.
"

is the equivalent of pasting two strings:

"Hello.\n"
and
""

You are not pasting
"Hello."
and
NULL

EDIT: The very first post in this thread is 100% accurate. You're just messing the thread up by trying to defend the bug and acting like it's not there.
EDIT2: If mIRC was my program that I created, I wouldn't let you trolls on my forums messing up chances of finding and/or fixing the bugs in my program. This section of the forum should be about reporting bugs, not a place where YOU come and defend every single bug untill you're forced to agree that there is a bug. What if someone just comes in, reports a bug and leaves, he's not there to defend fixing of the bug, so the bug doesn't get fixed because you "win" the bug argument by default.

Last edited by krypto; 02/09/12 06:21 AM.