Originally Posted By: argv0
I'm not too sure about the FS stuff. They *should* allow scripts to access the FS using whatever public APIs the interpreter can use. You can store data inside of ~/Documents, for instance, so theoretically you could put scripts and script data there (there are also other directories, but I assume Documents is accessible when plugging the iPhone into your machine).

I have never seen an app that shows any kind of file structure. Apps can clearly access the file system, but the file system is never made visible to the user from what I can see. Apple's "it just works" mantra says that users shouldn't have to worry about such complex things as the file system.

Originally Posted By: argv0

And yes, the restrictiveness of Android/iOS isn't really all that relevant. In either case, Khaled would have to rewrite nearly every single line of code and port over some API changes and UI differences. It would take years for one person to do this properly, all for what would be a pretty low payout, and he wouldn't be able to juggle this with maintaining mIRC on Windows. You aren't going to see this happening.

Agreed.