Originally Posted By: moran679
do you ignore chrome's spell checker? Probably not.

If you've actually been following this thread you'll see a nice image that proves at least *I* have been ignoring it. I had no choice, because it was wrong. Is your spell checker always correct about the tips it pops up for you? Certainly not. So you will occasionally ignore your spell checker too.

If you care about spelling while chatting as much as you care about it while writing a comment on a forum, then I'm betting you won't ignore the red squiggly underlines.

The problem is that you're making a false assumption. Most people do not put as much effort into text on IRC as a forum. This is quite clearly evidenced by the lack of proper capitalization and punctuation over IRC vs. over a forum. The difference stems from the fact that text on IRC (typically) isn't published and archived on the internet for eternity, so the need to expend extra effort to make sure your temporal messages are perfect is usually reserved for people with OCD tendencies.

Finally I say this:

If there's a third party tool that works, why not suggest users download and install that rather than requiring this be re-implemented in mIRC? Then Khaled doesn't need to do anything, and you don't need to wait for this feature. You seem to already have what you want.

As a sidenote, the irony of your post is that you actually have a spelling error in your very first line. There is so much to be said about the "spell checkers are awesome" guy with a spelling error in the very same post, but I probably won't do it justice-- I'll just let it sit there for you to think about:

I've been using tinyspell (a spell checking software designed to work in every application) for a couple of days now, and I'v enjoyed every second of it.

- argv[0] on EFnet #mIRC
- "Life is a pointer to an integer without a cast"