How many features have been added that weren't needed? Really? So it's your opinion that we Khaled should add every possible feature regardless if it's needed? Yes, some things that aren't really necessary have been added. That is not a valid reason to add more things that are not needed. If you've noticed, Khaled has been trimming things down in mIRC over the past few versions (instead of adding bloat) by removing things (mainly settings) that are not needed.

The difference of using a variable or an identifier is so minor that it really isn't worth Khaled spending time making that kind of change. I'd much rather see him work on useful things that will benefit everyone. If the events are used correctly, you should not have any need for a variable anyhow. I still say your example isn't a good one. Most people would count the first use of the script as the first use of mIRC in that situation. Almost all of the remainder (besides apparently you) would not care one way or the other. If you can give an example that many people would run into, then please do. If all you can do is give examples that might only affect a handful of people, then there isn't any reason imo to do anything with this suggestion. And before you say it, yes, some things have been added in the past that benefit very few people. But that does not mean Khaled should add every idea that benefits only a few people. Besides, as I said before, if you are really that concerned about your example, you're far better off asking for an identifier for the # of times mIRC has been run instead. That would be far more useful and help far more people and would solve your example.

Asking for something that can be done without scripting even though it's scriptable is one thing. Asking for another way to script something is entirely something else.

And, pball, whenever you get back, please post your script (at least the on LOAD and on START events) so we can see why you think it's necessary.

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net