I was talking about my point, not your, yes what you are saying is beside my point: you repeated in all your post that "it's scriptable, it's not needed" it's ok we get that, there's no need to repeat it again; however I'm saying that it's not because it's not needed that it shouldn't be added, again please answer the question: how many feature has been added that wasn't needed?
Quote:

Moreover, the fact that there has yet to be a real world use case for this shows that the benefit to such an id is really just hypothetical. The examples so far have been purposefully contrived, and that is my point. Of course you can have some arbitrary scenario where you could have ON START used for everything but script load, but where is the value in that? If there is some real value, show it, it matters. Because if not, why should it be added?
The example I gave is a perfect and valid real world use case, again it's not because you can workaround it with scripting that the example isn't valid so I already showed a value there, not sure why this example is contrived for you, it's not for me.

The origianl scenario is irrelevant to the suggestion.

Quote:
We should encourage users to use events as they are meant to be used. Is there really a consensus around adding bloat to the language just to give users another way to do the exact same thing in a less proper way? I can't get behind that.
I agree that we should encourage users to use events as they are meant to be used, but clearly on start isn't meant to be used as an on load, it has been done like that for good reasons, or not, but again, cases where the difference must be made exist, yes it's workaroundable with scripting, but yes we should still be able to tell the difference without storing our own variable, you would end up having tons of variables for every little workaround like that and I clearly prefer having tons of built-in $ident than tons of global variable, which is imo (the global var) the less proper way to handle this

You are not understanding that pball's example is as basic as the one I gave, the same basic workaround exists with scripting.

#mircscripting @ irc.swiftirc.net == the best mIRC help channel