Originally Posted By: Horstl
Afaik there's currently no way to use the internal highlight feature to check the user's address. You're allowed to use custom identifiers just like you may use internal identifiers (like $me). But inside their scope, neither $fulladdress nor $address nor $site are filled with a value (at least one would be required for you), not even $nick.

If for example you would put this highlight:
Code:
$customhighlight( $!nick - $!address - $!site - $!me - $!1- )
and add this alias:
Code:
alias customhighlight {
  timer -m 1 1 echo -s $!!1-: $1- target: $target nick: $nick address: $address site: $site 
  timer -m 1 2 echo -s chan: $chan cid: $cid network: $network wid: $wid
}
Some identifiers would be filled - but not the ones you'd need. (Note that without timer no echo will display at all.)

To have at least hostmask-related identifiers filled may be worth a feature suggestion.

For the moment, I suggest to try the "nick colors" feature which allows you to highlight the nickname matching a certain mask in both the channel/query and the nicklist (but without any beep/flash etc options).
The other option would be to script your own custom highlight with "on text" and "on action" events (where $address etc are filled), replacing the default text display - like in a "theme"-script. The big downside is that it would most likely interfere with the theme you may actually use.

Thanks Horstl for the detailed answer, I am sorry I don't get everything you said but I see the picture, I'll keep your comments until I can use them one day smile

Could you just tell me if I copy pasted the highlight you did and the timer, what would be highlighted ?