Originally Posted By: Horstl
Nothing would be highlighted - I put it only to show which of the pertinent internal identifiers are or are not returning a value to the custom identifier "$customhighlight" (be it passed as a parameter to the identifier, or called in it's routine).
If $address *would* work therein, it could be used for a trick/hack so to speak: the way you can put $me at highligt, which returns your current nickname so that this value is checked against the incoming text, similarly a custom identifier could compare the user's $address against a given hostmask, and in case of a match return a wildcard or else return nothing. The value returned by the identifier would be compared against the incoming text as usual, and could trigger the actual highlight. A somewhat intricate approach, even if it *would* work... laugh

I can't thank you enough Horstl, I see your point, I think I will keep looking for a snippet and maybe start learning the basics at least although this subject doesn't seem well documented to me in one place, thanks for the help smile