Although I don't see this explained in the help file, -p doesn't actually pause a timer. It basically just silences the output until it's resumed. I believe Khaled has responded about that in the past.

If you truly pause a timer, then your times are messed up when you resume it. For example, if you have the timer going off every 30 minutes (let's say at :00 and :30) and you pause it at :45 for half an hour, then resume it, your timer will go off at :15 and :45 from then on. That is probably not what you want to have happen.

Probably the best thing that can be done is change the help file to say that it silences the output instead of saying it pauses the timer.

Of course, there are valid reasons for it to really pause and valid reasons for it to silence output while "paused." I don't think it needs changed and in the past, Khaled hasn't thought it needed changed either. No matter which way it is, it helps some and doesn't help others, so changing it doesn't really solve anything and instead just causes problems in backwards compatibility with anyone making use of it the way it works now.

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net