Originally Posted By: Riamus2
That is an interesting observation. What browser are you using? Firefox

If possible, can you try and reproduce it with a different browser? Tried IE and Chrome and got same results

I'm not sure what ebay has running on their pages, but it may be loading flash, silverlight, activex, java, etc and perhaps something there is causing the problem. You should be able to disable some or all of these items in your browser. If you disable them, does the problem still occur? If we can narrow down the specific item that is causing the problem, it will make things much easier for Khaled to try and reproduce on his end while also finding a good fix for the problem. Tried disabling them 1 at a time and got same results

Considering each of those browser extensions can affect the display, it is easy to believe that there is some error being caused by them or the site involved that is affecting mIRC's display.

Just to check something... since you seem to be able to reproduce this on demand with ebay, maximize 2 windows with different text in them. Don't use active windows (such as a channel) unless you have the window scrolled up so that the text stays in one place. Now, open ebay so that the problems occur. For the text that seems to appear in the wrong window, is it still in the same place it would be if the bottom window was on top? For example, if you were to cut a "hole" through the top window, would you see the text that you're seeing with this error? No, it would appear to take random lines of text and insert it into each window differently

I'm wondering if the text appearing in the wrong window isn't an issue with the text going to the wrong place, but an issue where the top window is missing sections of it so the text from the bottom window shows through instead. If you can verify that the text is in the right location from the bottom window and not just randomly put somewhere else on the top window, then that should help to clear up whether or not this has anything to do with the text itself or just with the display of the windows.

One other thing I'd test. While the problem is happening, take a screenshot (press the print screen button on your keyboard) and paste that into Word or MSPaint or some other location that accepts the pasting of pictures. Does the screenshot show the graphics glitches, or does it show correctly? Screenshots aren't really a "photograph" of what you see and are rendered through Windows, so it may not show the glitches. It will be interesting to see if this affects screenshots as well or just the display. If you do get the errors in the screenshot, then just so it's easier for people to know what you're seeing, take a screenshot of one window maximized with text, then one with a second window maximized with text, then one with ebay open and one of those two windows maximized over the top of the other window (as when you were testing what I said in the paragraph above). Then display those 3 images here. There are a variety of free sites to post images and you can then link to them from here. That will help us to see exactly what is happening and how the text is showing up incorrectly. See links below

Original window text was in

QuakeNet window with some text

Another window I had open that also had text transferred to